Hairstyles to Try

First off, I just want to say that I have the worst hair. Like the worst. I honestly couldn't hate it more. The main reason why I hate it is because it's just plain awkward. It's not totally straight, not totally curly, and not totally wavy. It's a strange mix of them all. Okay, well I'm being a bit dramatic saying that I hate it with a burning passion in my soul, but the main thing that annoys me about it is that it never quite dries the same. If I use this strange leave in conditioner that I love it makes my hair dry super curly. If I don't it dries puffy and wavy. And if I sleep on it, the next day it looks like my hair was left in braids overnight. Light, but distinct kinks if you know what I'm saying. Another major setback was that I got my hair cut on homecoming and the hairdresser cut a lot off. I wasn't expecting to get so much cut off and she put in a lot of layers and now some of my favorite hairstyles don't work on my "new hair". My hair has grown back since I got it cut, but it doesn't look the same way that it did before and honestly I miss my old hair! I never liked my old hair, but now that it's long gone I want it back. I guess the saying is right that you don't know what you have, until it's gone. 


This is my hair before my hair cut. This is my natural-ish hair after half blowdrying it and half letting it air dry. It's a bit shorter than it was then, and has more layers and just to be clear I'm never getting layers again because they do not look good on my wavy hair. 

Well, now onto the actual point of this post...hairstyles that I want to try. I see really beautiful hairstyles all over pinterest and with a little bit of time they seem pretty easy to create. Although, who actually has this time? Not I, especially in the morning getting ready for school I like to sleep as late as possible so there's little time for hair. But, if I'm willing to take the time these are the hairstyles that I'd love to try. 


WATERFALL BRAID

This look is so stunning! It looks so effortless, but I'm not sure that I'll be able to get the hang of this braid very quickly. I think that it's good to keep your hair a little bit out of your face, but also gives some intricacy to your hair look.


TOPKNOT

I honestly love the look of a messy topknot, but I can never achieve it. On me it just looks like some strange bun on the top of my head. I want mine to look like the one in the photo above, sleek yet messy. It doesn't look anything like that though.


HEADBAND BRAID

I've seen a few different versions of these, but I like this one the best! I like how it's thicker so it gives a better effect. And I love the loose waves that go along with the beautiful braid. It just looks so amazing!


MESSY PONY

I love the look of a slicked back ponytail, but the rest of the hair is sort of loose, messy waves. It has such a relaxed vibe and it looks so effortless. If only my hair was naturally like this so I could just swoop it into a ponytail and be on my way.

What are your favorite hairstyles?

XOXO, Kate

4 comments :

  1. Hi Katelyn! I'm loving your style and your blog. I just nominated you for a blog award. Learn more details here; http://classyeverafter.blogspot.com/2014/01/blog-honors.html

    Can't wait to see your post:)
    XO, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a HUGE fan of the messy pony - my second day hair is always up! I can't seem to master the topknot. I can't tell if my hair is too long, or if I'm just terrible at it. It's frustrating! The waterfall braid is beautiful though. It'd look great with your hair color!

    Constance || Prep Northwest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love messy ponytails! And OMG yes, I can NEVER get a good topknot. Thanks--I'd have to practice the waterfall braid a little because it seems a bit challenging.

      XOXO, Kate

      Delete

I love hearing what you have to say. Comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...