Elements of a Gathering

I've always been one for parties. I really like hosting because you get to decide all of the little things that go into a great get together. The worst part, is cleaning up. That aside, hosting can be a bit stressful, but it's so much fun so the stress is worth it! I really haven't planned many events because every birthday party I've had my mom has planned. My mom plans events for a living so she obviously took over. Even though I wish I would've planned a super extravagant gathering for my sweet sixteen, I'm already sixteen. My parents took me to LA for my sweet sixteen so I didn't feel that a party was really needed.

But, I'm still trying to find a reason to plan such a perfect party. I've found so many cute DIY party decorations, snacks and more on Pinterest and I could't wait to share them with you! If you're looking to see more about event planning and a little inspiration follow my Pinterest board Colorful Entertaining

Personally I feel that summer outdoor parties are the best to host! Usually they have perfect weather, they can include gorgeous outdoor scenery and your most fun sundress! I especially wish to host a white party (gossip girl, anyone?), but other than that a brunch party would be amazing as well! These are my favorite party decor, snacks and drinks that will be sure to make you the hostess with the mostest! 


How perfect is this setup? I'm obsessed with the tassel garland strands! I may have to try making some for my next gathering. The flowers tie all of the colors together and who can resist pink + orange?


These chairs are so perfect! I love the white and the chair on the end has pastel yellow accents. The palm trees in the background only help make the destination perfect for a party!


To add a little sparkle and a ton of fun use a metallic sharpie to write on balloons! I'm definitely going to have to try this out!


I am so having an ice cream bar at my next party! Use mason jars to fill with ice cream and use bowls to fill with a variety of fun toppings like gummy bears, chocolate chips, sprinkles, fruit & cookies.


Like I said I'm think about trying out a tassel DIY! I love the different hues of pink, orange, silver + gold. They add such a fun girly flare to a plain wall.


I'd be lying if I said I'm not obsessed with this piñata! The silver + diamond = pure perfection. If I ever need a piñata for anything I'm going to search for a super classy one like this!


A mimosa bar, shell yes {get what I did there}! You can make it virgin for the kiddies at the party as well. Just use different flavored juices mixed with sparkling grape juice. I love that you can add whatever fruit you like and the straws make the drinks so cute!


S'mores are actually my favorite. Especially in the summer. These are perfect because every summer party needs a sweet dessert and s'mores are so classic! These are so cute with fun different flavored marshmallows! 

XOXO, Kate

4 comments :

  1. I love those DIY tassels too! Definitely share it on the blog if you decide to do it:)

    XO, Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much and I just might try them {and I'll definitely post about it}!

      XOXO, Kate

      Delete
  2. Reading the beginning of this post, I was thinking how badly I want to throw a nice brunch! I had Gossip Girl on my mind, and then you mentioned it! I love it. I can't wait until summer to have summer bbqs, pool parties, and just have fun!

    Constance || Prep Northwest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Neither can I! I'm definitely looking to plan a super fun party {gossip girl inspired brunch included!}.

      XOXO, Kate

      Delete

I love hearing what you have to say. Comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...